Friday, July 22, 2011

Hello,

Things are going well here at the Ministerial Leadership Initative (MLI) in DC. It has been an entirely different and interesting experience for me to work with MLI, and I have been encouraged by the extent of their involvement with the ministries they work with. I think what is most unique about the program is that they do truly provide demand-driven support. All their activities have been tailored around gaps identified by the ministries themselves and have not been donor driven. It has been encouraging to see the extent of MLI's reach thus far. Given the program is in its last year of funding from Gates, we have been actively involved in the compiling documentation of the program's activities and impact. I thought I would highlight one of the Ministry-led activities MLI supported in this blog. I have cross-posted an event write up I recently did for the MLI blog on Ethiopia's Balancescore Card roll out. I hope you enjoy it!

The Balanced Scorecard (BSC) epitomizes strengthening health systems through strengthening governance. Rahel Gizaw, MLI Country Lead for Ethiopia, told the audience at the Global Health Council’s annual conference that the BSC strengthens Ethiopia’s Federal Ministry of Health through capturing performance measures, targets and initiatives. With more clarity, more can be accomplished. Read the rest at http://www.ministerial-leadership.org/events/rahel-gizaw-featured-panelist-ghc

-Swetha

No comments:

Post a Comment